Dr. Yasser Shaban is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Design Engineering at Helwan University in Cairo, Egypt.
He holds a Ph.D. in industrial engineering from Polytechnique which ranks first in Canada for the scope of its engineering research.
He holds a B.Sc., and M.Sc. degree from Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt, in Mechanical Engineering.
His research field is the diagnosis of machining conditions based on artificial intelligence.
Dr. Yasser Shaban won the best research for 2014 as a Ph.D. student from the Society of Engineering and Management System (SEMS), USA. And, the same research is honored by the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) which is the biggest community of industrial engineers in the world and got the best paper award at the Industrial & Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC 2014).
– He is a member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
– He has been teaching at the Faculty of Engineering, Helwan University, and Polytechnique, Montreal University, Canada during the last 14 years.
He has been teaching many courses such as machine parts design, mechanics of materials, technical English, mechanics and dynamics, mechanical vibration, system dynamics and control, maintenance planning, and reliability engineering.
– During His post-graduate study He has attended many courses at McGill, Concordia, Montreal, Helwan universities such as machining of aerospace materials, mathematical programming, machine learning, advanced probability and statistics, maintenance, reliability, mechanical vibration, and numerical analysis.
– He is interested in the manufacturing process, optimization of maintenance policies, equipment diagnostics and prognostics, condition monitoring and fault diagnosis, engineering management. He developed a new method for diagnosis using a data-driven method based on pattern recognition. Moreover, He developed a new machining process control based on the same concept. He produced more than 17 publications published at highly rated scientific journals and peer-reviewed conferences.
– His achievements are recognized by media and newspapers, and also by Nature Magazine which is a prominent interdisciplinary scientific journal and ranked as the world’s most-cited journal.